Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Didn't Choose Diet Coke, Diet Coke Chose Me



Have you seen this? It's the best. It looks like the "Diet Coke hunk" is making a comeback. I'm ok with it.

I was talking about Diet Coke with my friend the other day and it hit me. Diet Coke isn't just a drink. It's a lifestyle. You name drop it. You're not just getting a drink, you're getting a Diet Coke. You Instagram it. I am not immune to this.

"I'm so addicted to Diet Coke," you laugh and all your friends agree. "McDonald's $1 drinks on me!"

The PR nerd in me loves it. What has Diet Coke done to create a true lifestyle brand? When I see another girl holding that beautiful silver can I think, "that girl gets me." And I don't even know her. How did they do that?

Drinking Diet Coke says something about you. I don't know what it says, but it's something and Diet Coke has capitalized on it. Maybe it's the assurance that you're drinking something with zero calories, even though it's zero calories of poison that will undoubtedly kill us all in fifty years. Or it's the feeling of superiority and sophistication over the peasants that drink regular Coke. Or the aliens that drink Pepsi.

Oh, and guess who the new brand spokesperson is for Diet Coke? My girl:

14 comments:

  1. "Aliens" is the perfect word for Pepsi drinkers. ATL has made me a Coke girl forever. Always Coca-cola. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope everyone makes it rain diet coke over my grave

    ReplyDelete
  3. the other day, we were watching a coke commercial that had santa in it and casey turned to me and said, "I don't know how they've done it, but I know Santa drinks Coke because of these commercials".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that commercial is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diet soft drinks have become a most important things for any party. The usage of this products is getting increased every day. if anyone wants to foot in this business so find some of the best diet soft drinks suppliers here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. floraspring

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. black latte forum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. black latte recensioni

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are far more efficient, cost-effective, and is relatively easier to use as compared to traditional accounting ways. invoicing system malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information. 香港婚姻介紹所收費

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. site

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. site

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. Floor mod

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Floor mod

    ReplyDelete