Thursday, December 15, 2011

A New Addition

I can't believe it has been a whole week since my new addition arrived. I have been so selfish and keeping her all to myself. So without further ado, I give you.....

Genevieve
Genevieve the iPhone. 

I first found out I was getting an iPhone about three weeks ago. I told all of my friends and family as soon as I heard the news. I couldn't believe it! After all this time, I was going to have a little iPhone of my own!

As any new mommy will tell you, waiting is the hardest part. I waited and waited and waited. I would look at pictures of her little face almost every day. You could tell I was in the mommy mode because I started nesting. I bought her accessories and a cute little case.

Genevieve 3

She took SO LONG to get here! I tried everything. I ate spicy Cafe Rio. I went running. I cleaned my kitchen. I bounced on my birth ball (Just kidding. I don't have one of those). But still. No Genevieve.

Finally she came. It was a cold Saturday night. I went out to check the mail and all of the sudden I knew. But something was wrong. We rushed to the AT&T store to try to get Genevieve to turn on. She wouldn't. Something was wrong with her SIM card. There was nothing we could do, so Jimmy at the AT&T store sent us home. We were very disappointed.

Finally, on Tuesday everything lined up and I went to the AT&T store. I had decided not to do this naturally, and Jimmy wasn't there so we had another AT&T associate help us. It still took forever. We waited and waited and waited. I was so impatient! I just wanted her to get here! And then finally....

Her little screen lit up. She worked! Here she was. Mine all mine. After all this waiting, I finally had my own iPhone. I was so happy and so overwhelmed at the same time.

Genevieve 2

The proud mama.

Genevieve 4
Genevieve's first feeding!

Thank you so much for all your love and support. I couldn't have done it without you!

8 comments:

  1. LOL love this! I'm sure you'll make a great mama. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha ...aren't you supposed to be naked in the third photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am DYING laughing over here!!!
    -Lindsay
    p.s. hi! i'm new, i found you via your tweet-out to lovetaza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! This is awesome. I just got my very first iphone this week and now I can't remember what life was like before. Like he was always here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that's great. It's true though--I've had my iPhone for a yearish and I can't imagine life without it.

    ReplyDelete