Sunday, October 23, 2011

Most Embarrassing Moment

When people ask my most embarrassing moment, I usually don't know what to say. Either I don't get embarrassed easily or everything embarrassing that's ever happened to me is on a pretty equal level. But now, I finally have an actual "most embarrassing moment."

It's Saturday and I'm taking my History 202 midterm in the Testing Center. I've been up all night every day for the past week. I changed my address to the library. Just kidding. But close.

But I am blowing through this test. I feel good about all the multiple choice and I'm working on the short answer and essay questions. About halfway through writing about the Opium War (a conflict between Great Britain and China in 1839 that resulted in the entrance of foreign imperialist powers into China. Sorry, couldn't help myself) when my papers and scantron fell of my desk.

I leaned over to grab them but they were just out of reach. I stuck out my foot to see if I could drag them a little closer. Yikes. My toenails hadn't been painted in over a week. So I reached down again. I reached just a little farther......

My desk tipped over. Into poor unsuspecting kid taking his religion test. The noise was loud, everyone looked at me, and the poor kid had to push me back into place and steady my desk. And the worst part? I wasn't even done with my test. I had a whole essay to finish. I just wrote something down really quick and ran out of there as fast as I could.

I got a 95% on the test though. That has to count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment