Tuesday, April 5, 2011

When Will My Life Begin



This is my life right now. Well, minus the long luxurious hair and loyal pet chameleon.

Last week I was offered an internship at Edelman in Los Angeles, one of the biggest PR firms in the world. I leave right after finals and I will be there till August 26. It's an amazing opportunity and I'll have an awesome experience.

I'm scared.

I've never been a scared person. I left home without even looking back. I've never been homesick. My mom always talks about the time she dropped me off at a lacrosse camp with hundreds of older and bigger girls and I just walked in, no fear. I moved all by myself to California the summer before my 19th birthday to live with my crazy grandmother. I usually jump into experiences like this.

I'm afraid of getting older. I'm afraid of change. Hannah, my best friend and roommate of four years is graduating in April and moving to DC. My other roommate, Aly, is getting married in a month. Where is the rewind button? Weren't we just freshmen? Weren't we just messing around in the Cannon Center till midnight when they played "Closing Time" and forced us out?

And haven't I always wanted to get out of Provo? Haven't I always wanted to be a single PR girl living in a big city? What is holding me back now?

I know I'll do it. I'll go and I'll probably love it. But right now I just want to be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment