Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Melissa

So today after the game I went to go take my Music 101 test. When I finished I ran down the stairs; I was so excited to finally listen to something that wasn't "Ride of the Valkyries." As I passed the the windowsill I saw a note with "Melissa" written on the outside. I didn't think twice, I grabbed it. I opened the door, saw my grade (A-, oh yeah), and walked out the door to read the note.

"Dear Melissa," it read, "I love you so much. I'm glad you are MY Melissa." What the. This note was not for me. By this time I was across the street and started down the hill. I couldn't keep the letter, it was from some guy named Paul. What if the other Melissa never learned Paul's true feelings? What if I was single-handedly responsible for ruining Paul and Melissa's future happiness and the lives of their children and grandchildren? I had to bring the letter back.

I hoped that no one would see me as I put the letter back on the sill. I PRAYED that the other Melissa wasn't there when I put it back. Of course I was only half lucky. When I went back to the testing center there were three other people in the windowsill area. I awkwardly put the paper back, and muttered something stupid like "Whoops, guess it wasn't for me" and booked it out of there.

2 comments:

  1. bahahahha

    I'm glad you are MY Melissa

    And I'm glad you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I am glad you are so sweet to think of the OTHER Melissa's grandchildren. That's my girl!

    ReplyDelete