Friday, November 2, 2012

A little late, I know

A couple weeks ago I posted a link to the Ask Mormon Girl post about the age change for missionaries, but I can't get certain parts of it out of my head. I feel like she hit the nail on the head of everything I've been thinking my whole life.

"But deep inside many of us are still the girls who have been taking our turn at the pulpit since we were four.  And we are still the girls who have their scriptures marked back to front.  And we are still the girls who love God first and best.  And we just want to get out and do the work.  Because we feel in our bones that this is what we were made for.

...
So let me close by acknowledging you:  Yes, you would have been an incredible missionary at 19.  Honey, I can see it from here.  And, yes, sister friend, it might have changed our paths a great deal.  It might have changed everything.
And, you know, it might just still."

1 comment:

  1. Those words have stayed with me for weeks, too. I needed that acknowledgement. I still need it.

    ReplyDelete