Friday, July 22, 2011

Shirley

Today we're going to talk about Shirley. Shirley is the landlord/manager at my summer apartment complex. She stands about 4'10" and weighs probably eighty pounds. She also has six teeth. I'm not kidding.

Shirley is the nicest lady and she LOVES her job. She isn't afraid to venture out in her pajamas without makeup on to show around new tenants.

Yikes.

Shirley is very interested in EVERYTHING about ALL of her tenants. Whether it's an unclaimed bra in the laundry room or the "Utah girls" are parking too close to the line, she makes sure that everyone is informed.

But if there's one thing Shirley loves more than gossip, it's pigs. She drives an old brown Honda Accord with a regular herd of pig figurines sitting behind the backseat.




There are two pig stuffed animals stuck to the window with those little sucker things.

And the kicker? Sitting in the backseat is a cardboard cutout from Babe. The movie. From 1995. There is a cardboard cutout of a pig sitting in the backseat straight up. I'm surprised it's not buckled in.


A little pig goes a long way.

3 comments:

  1. So I was looking for information about the internship you did in California because I am going to apply for it and I wanted to do some research but didn't know the exact split-off of Edelman. Anyway, I came across this and laughed my head off. You're a super good story teller, I am glad I found your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete