Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Epiphany: 20 years, 9 months, and 24 days late

I had an epiphany today people. And it came 20 years, 9 months, and 24 days late (it took me way too long to do that math).

We don't need people in our lives that don't treat you like you should be treated.

This is basic, I know. But I feel like I am the queen of holding on to people that should have been kicked to the curb long ago. What am I holding onto? If someone makes you feel like crap, ditch them. Why are you holding on? It isn't doing any good for anyone, except of course the guy who now knows he can string you along and come to you whenever he needs something.

I decided I don't need these people anymore. I have some really good friends that make me feel good about myself. They buy me pretzel M&M's and tell my crazy roommate to turn down her Bollywood movie when I'm trying to sleep. And those are the kind of people I want to fill my life with.

PS. I really don't hate guys. I love them, they're great.
PPS. I figured out the mystery of randoms commenting on my old old Sperry post. If you type in "sperry's contact dermatitis" into Google, my blog is one of the first things that comes up.
PPPS. The little ticker at the bottom of the blog is kind of starting to psych me out. Like, "SOMEONE IN CONNECTICUT JUST LOOKED AT MY BLOG WHO IN THE WORLD IS THAT?"

2 comments: