Monday, March 29, 2010

Like most little kids, my mom sang me songs to help me go to sleep. She sang normal lullabies like "Hush, Little Baby," but mostly she sang me some hits of the '70s and '80s. Songs like:

True Colors by Cyndi Lauper


Get Together by The Carpenters (Sometimes she would change the lyrics to "Come on people now, step on your gas pedal, every body get together try to make that green light right now" if we were in the car)


Baby Come to Me by Patti Austen


What jams. It's funny to hear these songs now because I know every word. I was thinking about what songs I'll sing my kiddos. Probably the soulful sounds of Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears.

1 comment:

  1. what i will sing to my children:

    that that that that that don't kill you, will only make you stronger

    ReplyDelete