Sunday, February 10, 2013

Goodbye Vegas

I packed up my Vegas apartment today. I'm actually really sad about it. I thought I would be excited, and I am. But I can't help but get a little nostalgic for this place, even though I only lived here for six months.

This was the first apartment that ever felt like mine. I decorated it. I built the bookcase myself and put the bottom shelf in upside down. It gives it character. I kept the bathroom meticulously clean. I cried here. I prayed here. My roommate Kelly and sat on the couch and analyzed each contestant on The Bachelor. Ryan and Andrew slept on this couch. I dropped my brand new blush on the floor and the dust is still everywhere even though I've swept and mopped it a million times.

I learned to be alone here. Not that I didn't have friends, but post-grad friends are different than college friends. It isn't assumed that when you aren't in class or working that you're hanging out with each other. I went to the library by myself. I found running trails. I would window shop (or actually shop, depending on my employment status).

So it's been a good time, Las Vegas. I know I'll be back to visit, especially when I start craving Raising Cane's. And I'll miss the weather. And I'll still always feel a little sad when I go to the Bellagio gardens.  But on to bigger and better things!

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with Raising Cane's. But glad you'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete